Career counselling is provided by our experienced coaches, Annelies Dorgelo and Carla Verhagen. It is a service that we can offer free of charge to our members who fall within the scope of the Metalektro CAO! This support is possible through relevant agreements with A+O Metalektro (Labour market policy and vocational training association for the Metal and Technology Industry). Members who do not fall under the Metalektro CAO receive a substantially reduced price. It has been agreed with Annelies Dorgelo that members pay €75.00 per hour, the VHP2 contributes €10.00 per hour.
Career counselling is for everybody who wants to get the best out of themselves in a rapidly changing labour market. It is a good idea to make your career future-proof. You get a better insight into your motives, ambitions and (changing) interests with regard to your work and you clarify which steps are necessary to fulfil your wishes.
Examples of themes:
- The feeling of not being in the right place.
- Lack of challenge.
- High working pressure and how you deal with it.
- Need for a new direction.
- Gain insight into your career, so that it is fully in line with what you want from life.
- Major changes in the organisation such as mergers and take-overs and the ensuing consequences, such as relocation, change of position or imminent dismissal.
- Change of work as a result of physical limitations.
- Avoiding stress, exhaustion or labour disputes.
- Seeking a better balance between, for example, work and care responsibilities.
- In order to take the right decisions for the future, it is useful to reflect and take stock of what has been achieved so far. Discover what you like and where your talents lie.
- Where do you want to go and how do you get there?
- Which steps must you take?
- What are your strengths and what you can you do with them?
Every generation has specific wishes with regard to their own career. It is our job to work with you to find out what is most suitable. Along with our career coaches, our fiscal and legal advisers are available to help shape your wishes for the future. Furthermore our network is a source of contact, information and mediation.
Take this opportunity and ask your employer for time to do this.